May 31, 2013 Leave a comment
The Global Rugby Forum is the first-ever annual sports industry conference to bring together leaders from the US sports business with decision makers from around the global rugby business.
- The 2013 Global Rugby Forum is a half-day conference that will provide key stakeholders with a forum for discussion and world-class networking, all with the goal of enabling a wide-ranging dialogue on the business opportunities for rugby as a high-growth market in the US.
- Discussions will touch on global perspectives and interests around the state of rugby, television & digital media, commercial opportunities, leagues & competitions and more.
- The Global Rugby Forum also offers insight into the sports industry as a whole as it features executives from across the US sports leagues, networks, marketing and sponsorship agencies and brands.
- The inaugural Global Rugby Forum will be held on Friday, May 31, 2013 at the Sofitel Hotel in Philadelphia, USA.
- The weekend of the Global Rugby Forum also presents the opportunity to attend the 2013 USA Sevens/NBC Sports Collegiate Rugby Championship at PPL Park in Philadelphia and experience firsthand the rapid growth of rugby in the US.
- The Global Rugby Forum was established in 2012 by Chaney Sportainment Group, led by Chris Chaney, founder of the Ivy Sports Symposium, in partnership with The Rhiannon Group and Rugby Expo.
*information taken from globalrugbyforum.com/about
Don’t miss out on the action and watch LIVE.
12:50 pm-1:00 pm — Welcome & Opening Remarks
» Chris Chaney, Founder & CEO, Chaney Sportainment Group
» Dan Lyle, EVP, USA Sevens
» Moderator: Kurt Oeler, President, optionMONSTER
» Sami Arap, President, Brazilian Rugby Confederation
» Graham Brown, CEO, Rugby Canada
» Steve Griffiths, Head, Technical Services, International Rugby Board
» Nigel Melville, CEO, USA Rugby
» Moderator: Dan Lyle, EVP, USA Sevens
» Michael Copeland, President & COO, Canadian Football League
» Allan Robson, CEO, Northampton Saints
» Nick Sakiewicz, CEO & Operating Partner, Philadelphia Union
» Moderator: Rich Cortez, Collegiate Director, USA Rugby
» Jérôme de Bontin, GM, New York Red Bulls
» Richard Dry, Head, Client Services, EDGE10
» Alex Magleby, Head Coach, Men’s Sevens, USA Rugby
» Moderator: Angus McNab, Head, Pro Rugby, Opta Sports
» Jon Miller, President, Programming, NBC Sports Group
» Dean Walker, SVP, Production, Universal Sports
» Moderator: Ray Katz, Managing Partner, Source1 Sports
» Luke D’Arcy, Global Chief Growth Officer, Momentum Worldwide
» Daniel Glantz, Global Head, Sponsorship, AIG
» Christopher Lencheski, President, Front Row Marketing Services & Front Row Analytics
» Bernie Mullin, Chairman & CEO, The Aspire Group
» Ross Young, Former COO, England Rugby 2015
» Justin Paige, Co-Owner, Rugby Expo
Note: The Breakout Sessions will NOT be streamed.